I think I’ve finally decided that my favourite colour is “pastel”. I know, I know, that’s not really a colour, but it does mean all the classic Easter colours work pretty well for me 🙂 Today I’m taking advantage of my pastel dreams and sharing some painted sweet jars that would be great for using to collect Easter egg hunt loot or they can be used as the actual loot themselves. The glass will keep them safe from any crazy weather or hungry critters that may be lurking outside, so you can stash them away outside the night before.
Glass really is a great blank canvas and shows up the colours so well. The advantage of glass allowing you to create little crystal clear windows makes these bunny painted sweet jars too cute. That being said, they’d be great all year round as stationery holders, make up jars or in the kitchen holding your baking supplies. As always, get creative!
Ready to make your painted sweet jars?
What you need:
Consol preserve jars
Spraypaint (colour of your choice and clear lacquer (optional))
Mask (Safety first! If you don’t have a mask, at least tie a scarf around your mouth and nose while you paint)
Bunny stickers (Any full and wide shape works)
Sweets or any other fillers you’d like to use
What to do:
- Place the sticker on a smooth edge of your clean jar.
- With the lid removed, spray a thin even layer of paint over the entire outside of the jar and allow to dry.
- Paint another layer to ensure full coverage. More thin coats will give a smoother finish than one thick coat as a thick coat will often run.
- Once it’s dry, gently remove the sticker, making sure you don’t scratch paint off from the rest of the jar.
- For extra durability, spray a layer of clear lacquer and allow it to dry too.
- Add your sweets and you’re done!
I’d love to see your Pure Sweet Joy DIYs. Show me on Instagram using #puresweetjoyblog or email me at deborah [at] puresweetjoy [dot] co.za. Like what you see here? Follow along on Facebook or Bloglovin or subscribe to the newsletter for exclusive access to the latest news, freebies and shop discounts.