Anyone else find bunches of flowers are really expensive? And then they only last a few days! While flowers really are beautiful, I’m still a major fan of pot plants though, as they last a long time. Sometimes you just need more colour though. These paper flowers are a great way to add the colours of your choice and make a huge bunch for a fraction of the price of a bunch of fresh flowers.
If you’re anything like me, most of your crafting happens at night and it’s a bonus if you can be watching Netflix at the same time. Once you’re in the swing of things, you can easily binge your favourite show while building up you flower bunch. Win!
Easy Paper Flowers
What you need:
Coloured paper, variety of colours
Hot glue gun
What to do:
- Start by drawing a spiral on the coloured paper and cut it out along the lines. Don’t stress to make the spiral perfect. Once you’re comfortable with the shape, you can simply cut the spiral without drawing it first.
- Roll the spiral up, beginning at the outer edge. As you get towards the tighter curves of the centre of the spiral it should start to fan out.
- Loosen your grip on the rolled spiral until you’re happy with the shape of the flower.
- Place some hot glue on the “centre base” (as seen in the diagram below) and stick this to the rolled spiral.
- Once the glue has hardened stick a piece of florists wire through the glue.
- Make a small bend in the end of the wire, on the flower side and add a little more glue to hold it in place in the centre of the flower.
I’d love to see your Pure Sweet Joy DIYs. Show me on Instagram using #puresweetjoyblog or email me at deborah [at] puresweetjoy [dot] co.za. Like what you see here? Follow along on Facebook or Bloglovin and subscribe to the newsletter for exclusive access to the latest news and freebies.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase an item off these links, I will receive a small percentage. This in no way affects the price to you, but helps Pure Sweet Joy to keep bringing you amazing content. All views 100% my own.